PAUL BALMER FENDER STRATOCASTER MANUAL EGTR
This is the ultimate guide – how to buy, maintain and set up the world’s most popular electric guitar, the iconic Fender Stratocaster.
For over 50 years Leo Fender’s legendary Stratocaster has defined the shape and sound of the electric guitar. Here, for the first time, is a Haynes practical manual on the Ferrari of its class.
This easy-to-use Fender Stratocaster Manual offers advice on how to get the best from your Strat, be it a budget Chinese Squier or the best the Corona Custom shop can deliver. With step-by-step guidance and clear colour photographs, subjects include changing pickups, adjusting a truss rod and understanding some great stage rigs.
Ten case studies examine in detail everything from a ’54 US-built Classic to Indonesian, Japanese, Mexican and Chinese variants. Hank Marvin supplies a foreword and there are Tech Tip contributions from Eric Clapton’s and Mark Knopfler’s guitar technicians as well as highly respected guitar specialists John Diggins and Andy Gibson.
* Buying a ‘Strat’, used and new options, pitfalls,
authenticity issues, getting the right ‘Strat’ for the
* Pre-gig checks, tuning, stageside repairs.
* Routine maintenance and servicing.
* Set-ups and careful ‘customising’.
* Safety, electric shocks, hearing damage, paint spray
hazards, repetitive strain injury.
* Dimensions and weights, buying spares, model
* How the pros set up their ‘Strats’ and related hardware.